Friday, June 13, 2008

maybe u're just like my mother

Got this e-mail from Mom the other day:

Chris, how do I see the portrait? I clicked on the website, but nothing happened. By the way, watch your language, I read your purple suspicion. The "f" word used a little too frequently.
Mom

:) I counted and the day she sent it, the "f" word (not faggot) was on the front page twice. I think that's pretty light, as much as I like to use it! But I know that once is too much for my mom. Actually, before this e-mail arrived, I had a dream that Mom was reading a newsletter from that place where I used to work and an article about its leader. I grabbed it and said, "I fucking hate him, he's a fucking jerk!" And in the dream, my mom didn't react to that AT ALL. When I woke, I knew that the universe was telling me I did the right thing if leaving. If Mom wasn't upset by 1) me hating someone; or 2) actually saying the "f" word (twice!), then everything must be okay!

No comments:

2008 concerts

  • Metro Station The Wiltern 7/19
  • George Michael The Forum 6/25
  • Panic at the Disco Anaheim 6/14
  • Panic at the Disco L.V. 6/13
  • Heloise & the Savior Faire 6/8
  • Mandy Moore Hotel Cafe L.A. 5/23
  • Panic at the Disco S.F. 4/11
  • Panic at the Disco S.F. 4/10
  • Panic at the Disco Jimmy Kimmel 3/25
  • Really, Really Ridiculously Good Looking Tour L.V. 2/17
  • Really, Really Ridiculously Good Looking Tour L.A. 2/16
  • Rufus Wainwright L.A. 2/12