Monday, June 16, 2008

say yes

I have several drafts in my blogger dashboard trying to explain what Panic at the Disco means to me, and how and why they have quickly ascended to the level heretofore reserved for Prince, Madonna, Wendy & Lisa. Words continue to fail me. I try to explain that That Green Gentleman is my new Purple Rain. I try to explain that something this band does in their music and presentation speaks to me in a way that no artist has in years (ever?). While I don't know how to say what I want to say, I do know this: on Friday the 13th, I saw one of the best concerts I've ever seen. It was a live show that had me dancing with glee, singing, cheering, screaming, crying and sometimes just staring in awe at what was before me. That's what I know.

And I know the Saturday show did much of the same, and Sunday found me at the Purple Panther with Ace, adding a piece to my music tribute arm.

20 years after Lovesexy, Pretty. Odd. is what it's all about. I think reinventing love is a pretty close cousin to the feeling u get when u fall in love not with a girl or boy but with the heavens above. Lovesexy. Say yes. Say yes, yes, yes. And your own Lovesexy will be born.

Happy 50th, mon frere. We'll always have '88!

No comments:

2008 concerts

  • Metro Station The Wiltern 7/19
  • George Michael The Forum 6/25
  • Panic at the Disco Anaheim 6/14
  • Panic at the Disco L.V. 6/13
  • Heloise & the Savior Faire 6/8
  • Mandy Moore Hotel Cafe L.A. 5/23
  • Panic at the Disco S.F. 4/11
  • Panic at the Disco S.F. 4/10
  • Panic at the Disco Jimmy Kimmel 3/25
  • Really, Really Ridiculously Good Looking Tour L.V. 2/17
  • Really, Really Ridiculously Good Looking Tour L.A. 2/16
  • Rufus Wainwright L.A. 2/12