Thursday, January 1, 2009

the promise of a new day

yesterday i started loading all of my old cds from books into my itunes. i want to get all of them in by the end of the weekend. there is so much music, most of it from the late 80's up through the mid-90's that i haven't listened to in a long long time. like the first 2 Paula Abdul albums, or the Commodores, whose greatest hits i'm listening to right now.

the first cds i had i got for Christmas in 1987 - Prince's Sign o' the Times and Fleetwood Mac's Tango in the Night. Those actual cds are both still in my collection. Batman was the first Prince cd that I bought first and only on cd, it was also the first time that I bought a Prince album the day it came out -- a tradition I held up until 3121 was released in 2006 -- I was doing a Lenten Prince cleanse, and I also didn't really care so much.

Anyway, this importing of the cds has turned into an unexpected resolution of sorts to get myself organized and not so scattered. I'm consolidating 3 itunes libraries at the same time, and looking forward to having all of my music in one place for the first time in years.

No comments:

2008 concerts

  • Metro Station The Wiltern 7/19
  • George Michael The Forum 6/25
  • Panic at the Disco Anaheim 6/14
  • Panic at the Disco L.V. 6/13
  • Heloise & the Savior Faire 6/8
  • Mandy Moore Hotel Cafe L.A. 5/23
  • Panic at the Disco S.F. 4/11
  • Panic at the Disco S.F. 4/10
  • Panic at the Disco Jimmy Kimmel 3/25
  • Really, Really Ridiculously Good Looking Tour L.V. 2/17
  • Really, Really Ridiculously Good Looking Tour L.A. 2/16
  • Rufus Wainwright L.A. 2/12