Sunday, January 4, 2009

your choreography has imagination...

While I didn't get anywhere as far as I hoped this weekend on getting my cds into itunes, i did do a fair amount and have had loads of fun reliving my musical past. most of them i just burn and run, but a few catch my ear and I have to listen. Tonight it was the Bright Lights, Big City soundtrack. It opens with "Good Love", a solo Prince track that really kicks ass and leads into New Order's "True Faith." Also features Bryan Ferry, Depeche Mode, Donald Fagen, Narada Michael Walden, and M/A/R/R/S (Pump Up The Volume)... Totally takes me back to seeing the movie in the summer of 1988 at downtown Denver's AMC Tivoli 12 Theaters - same place I saw Under the Cherry Moon and Steel Magnolias. Years later I was a manager there.

The other cd that I listened to beginning to end was Vanity's Wild Animal, her first solo album after leaving Vanity 6. It's a kooky crazy pop/rock/r&b blend with lots of nonsensical lyrics, a couple of great songs, and lots and lots of sex -- including vampire sex and gorilla love -- oh and just to be clear, there was no Prince involvement in this pretty mess. I just love love love the whole album as a piece of true 80's crazy sexy cool. Morris Day guested on Mechanical Emotion.

No comments:

2008 concerts

  • Metro Station The Wiltern 7/19
  • George Michael The Forum 6/25
  • Panic at the Disco Anaheim 6/14
  • Panic at the Disco L.V. 6/13
  • Heloise & the Savior Faire 6/8
  • Mandy Moore Hotel Cafe L.A. 5/23
  • Panic at the Disco S.F. 4/11
  • Panic at the Disco S.F. 4/10
  • Panic at the Disco Jimmy Kimmel 3/25
  • Really, Really Ridiculously Good Looking Tour L.V. 2/17
  • Really, Really Ridiculously Good Looking Tour L.A. 2/16
  • Rufus Wainwright L.A. 2/12