Thursday, September 25, 2008

Como una oracion

Something I love to do in my head is try to translate songs into Spanish. I never get past a few simple lines because that's about the level of my Spanish speaking ability: a few simple lines. Still, it's something I do with a lot of songs, but I tend to especially try to do it to Madonna songs. Maybe because she has released a couple of her ballads in Spanish versions? I don't know. At any rate, today I somehow stumbled onto an assload of youtube clips of Madonna videos with Spanish subtitles (or subtitulado)!!! Now I can learn the actual lyrics! A few seem to be done to accommodate singing along, and others are straight up translations with no attempt to fit the tune.



La vida en un misterio
todos deben estar solos
te escucho llamar mi nombre
y me siento como en casa



damelo a mi! si!



podemos estar juntos?
realmente quiero estar contigo
ven, mirarlo conmigo
espero, espero que tu sientas lo mismo



queriendo, necesitando, esperando
por ti
para que justifiques mi amor
deseando, orando,
por ti
para que justifiques mi amor

No comments:

2008 concerts

  • Metro Station The Wiltern 7/19
  • George Michael The Forum 6/25
  • Panic at the Disco Anaheim 6/14
  • Panic at the Disco L.V. 6/13
  • Heloise & the Savior Faire 6/8
  • Mandy Moore Hotel Cafe L.A. 5/23
  • Panic at the Disco S.F. 4/11
  • Panic at the Disco S.F. 4/10
  • Panic at the Disco Jimmy Kimmel 3/25
  • Really, Really Ridiculously Good Looking Tour L.V. 2/17
  • Really, Really Ridiculously Good Looking Tour L.A. 2/16
  • Rufus Wainwright L.A. 2/12