Friday, March 7, 2008

i am a dog outside ur door...




I became a father on Saturday, March 1, 2008 when I adopted Molly. She has been re-christened Roxanne Hermione Reading and is happily responding to "Reading", pronounced "redding". My new obsession with Panic at the Disco began with a love for a live show recored this past summer at the Reading festival. The show begins with Brendon saying/screaming, "We're Panic at the Disco, WHAT'S UP READING?????" As my infatuation grew, I started imitating his delivery of the "Reading" line, and it became a mantra of the recent Vegas road trip. The show also includes a segue from their song Camisado into the Police's Roxanne. Hearing that was a part of me realizing that Panic was more than just a flavor of the month. And Hermione was Reading's original name. I've been itching to get a dog since Heath passed away last year. When I moved in December, I was finally in a place where I could have a dog. I've been looking for Labs/Lab mixes ever since. And Reading is great!!! Love her and can't wait for you all to meet her! I'm sure she'll be a frequent part of these pages.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

awww, very cute! how old?

Adam Amel Rogers said...

Reading is absolutely beautiful! You are going to be such a good papi!

el madartista said...

thanks Adam! u have to come meet her. there's talk about a Guilty Pleasure Complex party in the Spring.

el madartista said...

thanks Aaron! she's a year old. she was abandoned in South Central and rescued about six months ago from the grouped I adopted her from. she was month with the mange that is passed from mother to pup, a non-contagious and mostly not serious kind. but she was untreated for so long that when she was rescued she had no fur at all!!! i saw a picture -- it's tragically adorable. obviously, she's come a long way since the rescue took her in. she gets daily medicine and weekly baths. her first bath with me was uneventful. :)

Anonymous said...

soooo cute!

xxx,
G

2008 concerts

  • Metro Station The Wiltern 7/19
  • George Michael The Forum 6/25
  • Panic at the Disco Anaheim 6/14
  • Panic at the Disco L.V. 6/13
  • Heloise & the Savior Faire 6/8
  • Mandy Moore Hotel Cafe L.A. 5/23
  • Panic at the Disco S.F. 4/11
  • Panic at the Disco S.F. 4/10
  • Panic at the Disco Jimmy Kimmel 3/25
  • Really, Really Ridiculously Good Looking Tour L.V. 2/17
  • Really, Really Ridiculously Good Looking Tour L.A. 2/16
  • Rufus Wainwright L.A. 2/12