Monday, March 24, 2008

things are shaping up 2 be pretty odd.

what if Madonna was inducted into the Rock n' Roll Hall of Fame and I didn't even know the ceremony had already happened?

what if a friend got a copy of the new Madonna single before it was released, and I told him I'd listen to it as soon as the Panic song that was playing ended?

what if a couple of weeks after the RRHoF ceremony it re-aired on VH1 and I still didn't see it?

well, those aren't really "what ifs", but my current reality. yes, Panic at the Disco has captured me in a way that I haven't been captured since, well, since Madonna started splitting my attention from Prince in 1990. it's been soooo long, but I must say the ride is AMAZING.

I have much more to say about them and the brilliance of Pretty. Odd., but for shorthand, dig if u will this picture: take psychedelic-era Beatles (very
Across the Universe-ish), add some Around the World in a Day/Parade era Prince (i.e. Revolution, i.e. Wendy & Lisa influence), a dose of Stephen Sondheim and just a dash of (no, not formaldehyde!) Rent, e viola:

No comments:

2008 concerts

  • Metro Station The Wiltern 7/19
  • George Michael The Forum 6/25
  • Panic at the Disco Anaheim 6/14
  • Panic at the Disco L.V. 6/13
  • Heloise & the Savior Faire 6/8
  • Mandy Moore Hotel Cafe L.A. 5/23
  • Panic at the Disco S.F. 4/11
  • Panic at the Disco S.F. 4/10
  • Panic at the Disco Jimmy Kimmel 3/25
  • Really, Really Ridiculously Good Looking Tour L.V. 2/17
  • Really, Really Ridiculously Good Looking Tour L.A. 2/16
  • Rufus Wainwright L.A. 2/12